PLEASE NOTE: We will now be awarding a Top 3 every challenge, and you may enter your creation in as many challenges as you like!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Quick tutorial on how to make your background sparkle!

To make a card like mine shown below you will need:
Double sided tape- I used Sookwang tape about 4" wide
 Fine Glitter- Martha Stewart works great
Die cuts- I used Spellbinders

Cut a piece of double sided tape 4 x 4 attach to front of your card.  Pull off the top paper in one piece to use for your masking.  i didn't have a large enough circle to cut using my spellbinders so i folded the paper in half twice and cut it out on the folds to make a large circle.




 Now i need another circle within the large circle.  I cut it out using my cuttlebug and smaller spellbinders circle. Place the circles back on top of your double sided tape.  Exposing only the edges of the square.. ***Really important..make sure that your paper edges are really secure by pushing them down really well***  Add your first color.
My first color is "aqua blue" .  You are adding the glitter just like you would embossing powder (taping off the excess), but instead of heating it up you just press it down.  It is called "burnishing"  It is a rubbing motion with your fingers..it will give a bit more sheen. Take off the outer circle and add your next color.

My color is yellow..again tap it off and burnish it.  I made the mistake of not pressing my edges down well and you can see the blue showing at the top of my last color i did....Not to worry in my case because the hair from my angel covered it up. :)  I am using a sketch from Kathy's Waffle Sketch file.

 Thanks for looking.  Grandma Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. wow wowowowoow awesome,........ Loved the results.. superb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic Bonnie! Love the step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is a great tutorial! Your card is precious!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting with us at the Card Crafters Circle! We love to read your comments and we would love you to join in our challenges!